Tuesday, January 5, 2010

For Country

I managed to survive my first semester of graduate school... and was quite successful!
Though the "liberal agenda" level is high (granted, mostly among other students), I was able to participate in interesting and insightful conversations and no screaming matches. The number of like-or-similar minded individuals was impressive as well, and the diversity of those individuals was impressive.

The biggest news its this: I have joined the Texas Army National Guard. I will be attending Basic Training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri from January 11 through approximately late-March. I have been duly warned that it will be very, very cold... which almost scares this Texan more than the running (I was never much of a runner... however, I have been told that I will become one). Upon completion of Basic, I will be entering Officer Candidate School. I will be doing the "traditional" program which will allow me to complete my Masters while attending OCS.

I am very excited about the opportunities the military will provide for me, and am honored to be able to serve my country (some may say that I am making sure to "walk the walk" and I am okay with that). I believe that the experiences, education, training and benefits that I will receive from the National Guard will only contribute to my passion for my country, the political process and my ideology.

While my postings have been inconsistent at best, I wanted to at least provide a valid explanation for the next couple of months.
Best wishes to all for a wonderful 2010.

37 comments:

  1. 友情像一棵樹木,要慢慢的栽培,才能成長真的友誼,要經過困難考驗,才可友誼永固..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 以簡單的行為愉悅他人的心靈,勝過千人低頭禱告。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 與其爭取不可能得到的東西,不如善自珍惜運用自己所擁有的........................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 珍惜當下..活在當下..祝大家都平平安安健健康康!........................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 愛惜生命的人,不可浪費時間,因為時間是組成生命的元素. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. 凡是遇到困擾的問題,不要把它當作可怕的,討厭的,無奈的遭遇,而要把它當作歷練、訓練和幫助。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 行動養成習慣,習慣培養人格,人格影響命運 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 脾氣與嘴巴不好,就算心地再好,也不算好人~~~..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you will not have a leg to stand on.............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  12. 死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. 知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。............................................................

    ReplyDelete